Mimiwoo Fan Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mimiwoo Fan Forums

Items brought from Mimiwoo.com or mimiwoo on eBay

=^.^=

You are not connected. Please login or register

Still haven't played with stuff from mimi (TxT)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

nichan

nichan
*NEW*

I purchased some stuff from mimi including 1/6 obitsu...haven't played them yet...one of them...i actually like it but the head is too big and the wig i purchase didn't suit her Still haven't played with stuff from mimi (TxT) 72419 ...so, I'm still leaving her as a non character doll Still haven't played with stuff from mimi (TxT) 310903

My other blank head was somehow 'redish' when i tried a wig on it...i don't know...is the wig stain on vinyl?...I didn't play much anymore because i don't want to stain it more...and the wig...how do we keep it on doll?...it's too slippery and the rubber band seemed not working or has any effect at all...and velcro-ing the small head...won't it look like (the wig) floating on the head... Still haven't played with stuff from mimi (TxT) 310903

now, that i have a resin, i play with it more often...the size is bigger, so, i start making her clothes...I peek into Mimi's collection but haven't found a suitable one for the doll...

I'm still drooling for a Momoko from mimi, though...i'll purchase it one day...i need to concentrate to bigger doll...Momoko is something i dream of...I mean, the bigger doll has to do with my sewing but Momoko...it's pure...I want her though has nothing to do with my sewing...[u]...if only Mimi provide layaway, i've already purchased a Momoko in 2009.. Still haven't played with stuff from mimi (TxT) 830387 ...since she didn't, I put the money on other expensive stuff that i can do layaway...first thing first Still haven't played with stuff from mimi (TxT) 98601

I'll play with my 23 and 27 doll and when i have dressed them up, i'll post some pictures here...I haven't received my fray check...it's hard to sew for such a small doll without fray check...i think serging it will be too wide for the size, eh?...

arkaya

arkaya
Administrator

mimi sells some thin wig velcro - that is what I use for my obitsu dolls - but they will never stay perfectly at that scale - unless you glue them in like pullip dolls.
http://www.mimiwoo.com/product_info.php?products_id=3990
http://www.mimiwoo.com/product_info.php?products_id=1795
I sew a lot for the tiny puki puki dolls(9cm), and never really have fray troubles, just make sure you hem it properly first Still haven't played with stuff from mimi (TxT) 830387

http://www.arkaya-art.co.uk

nichan

nichan
*NEW*

i was thinking to serge it...but my serging width is already 0,5cm Still haven't played with stuff from mimi (TxT) 72419 ...do you serged the cloth or never...just hem it?
I just purchased fray check, Still haven't played with stuff from mimi (TxT) 98601 ...I think i'll try it next time...Somehow, i think 0.5 seam allowance is still too big for small project...

I thought of velcro, too...is it really thin?...

sometimes, i think, i just purchased doll head with hair Still haven't played with stuff from mimi (TxT) 310903 ...
but there aren't many options with hair style...I cut the hair to make it shorter....long hair made her like a japanese ghost Still haven't played with stuff from mimi (TxT) 415115 Still haven't played with stuff from mimi (TxT) 415115

arkaya

arkaya
Administrator

Yes I just hem it.
I have used the velcro on my 23 + 27 cm obitsus and it's okay.
You are right there aren't many options for the rooted hair, but you can always cut and style it Smile

http://www.arkaya-art.co.uk

PrincessWizard

PrincessWizard
Regular

you could always buy a wig cap, ebay has MANY different sizes for every doll
they keep the wigs in place and prevent staining Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum